Race director certification is a 16-hour education course that generally takes place over two days. The culmination is the awarding of certificates to race directors who successfully complete the course requirements as well as an online exam.
This course will address the latest in race directing methods, insurance/risk management trends, and USAT sanctioning compliance. While the certification course is not mandatory for race directors who sanction their events with USA Triathlon, the program is extremely valuable to both new and seasoned event directors.
The following are some highlights of the many benefits of the program:
- The latest risk management and race directing information available, presented to you in a manual, along with the opportunity to network with other race directors from around the country.
- Discussion time throughout the course will allow you to talk to other event directors and share experiences you all have.
- Complimentary Annual Membership to USA Triathlon – only Certified Race Directors have access to this free membership.
- Special access to sponsors – we are continually working with the marketing department to provide additional sponsorship opportunities available only to certified directors. Current purchase program deals available to Certified RDs: Polar Bottle, Garmin, Bluff City Sports, One Million Revolutions.
- Special access to online insurance certificate system – insurance certificates can be printed directly from the insurance company’s website.
- Lower sanction/insurance costs for USAT sanctioning – Certifying race directors will keep our insurance premiums low and thus the cost of sanctioning for all certified race directors.
- Certified Race Directors receive a sanction fee discount.
- Priority consideration for championship event hosting.
- Discounted Advertising in USA Triathlon magazine.
Top Content Delivered To Your Inbox
Get our Race Director News & Tips newsletter full of our best RD tips and industry news!